Sacrifice?

I've done some thinking and well, I've come to the conclusion that I am ready to make certain sacrifices for my future. I would love to go no vacation on the term break but I want to do some things that might give me a head start in the future and it seems that it would be worthwhile to at least apply for a project during vacation time.

Yesterday, I went for the launch for projects that we could participate in during the two month school holiday and this got me thinking, "What if I skipped going back home to the Philippines again to take part?" and then I asked myself, "Would I be able to take not going back?" then I decided, its not as if I'm throwing away my citizenship and anyway, there was a chance that I would not be chosen for the project, I'm not missing that much.

Anyway, today, Nica and I made extremely sinful double fudge brownies! I've already eaten too much and well, it has made it even more difficult for me to cut down on my food intake. Sigh, I can actually feel the pounds piling on! I mean, I am quite tall (at least for a Filipina) but still, I don't think my already hefty frame can take a couple more pounds.

Weight has always been an issue for me, I was never really as thin as I wanted, and its not like I wanted to be as tiny as Mary Kate Olsen, I mean, sure I was a lean tween playing sports and everything but now, I feel as if I have let myself go.

My confidence has NOT taken a dive. All I want is to lose a couple of pounds so that I would look better in my clothes.

I remember the time when I was practically obsessed with my weight. I would wake up and reach for a hot mug of coffee and since it basically killed my hunger, I would not eat for as long as I could help it. The only problem was that I was surrounded by relatives who kept an eye on me and would cajole me into ingesting something. I was obsessed with going to the gym. I think I was borderline anorexic! Anyway, I lost a whole lot of weight, two and a half kilos in like two weeks. In a month I had lost close to 6 kilos. I got some seriously positive comments from my relatives so that kept me motivated. I couldn't keep it up so I stopped, especially since I became increasingly exposed to tasty Singaporean food.

Sigh. If the food here wasn't so damn good, I would be a whole lot leaner. I think I better start making trips to the gym and lose weight the right way.

Comments