Now

I’d smile, but doing so would be lying.

Truthfully, I feel like crying.

Around me an invisibility curtain,

Holding and hiding my secret burdens.

Tears will refuse to ebb,

I’ve spent my days tangled in this web.

Stuck in this awful daily grind,

Its making me lose my mind.

Despite my life being spic and span,

I’m sick of doing less than what I can.

Everything is so routine,

A structured life can be sickeningly lean.

I’m in need of something more,

This rich life is strangely poor.

I’m so confused. Myself I have lost,

I’m living my life at what cost?

Those whom I hold so dear,

Became strangers and disappeared.

In this world I feel alone,

With no real place to call my home.

To someone else I would morph,

So that by you, I will not feel dwarfed.

If need be I’d rebel,

Convention I will repel.

Struggles first must be seen,

For this journey to have been

Transforming

And forming

For me to see

All that I can be.

Comments