unassuaged

Two minuites ago:

I am at the library trying to make sense of the Organic chemistry notes before me. I feel frustrated. I try to twist and turn the practically senseless words in my head, hoping to form some kind of idea of what has been taught and what I'm expected to know. Somehow, while looking at a reference book, something clicked in my mind and I knew exactly what was going on. I think great! Only 10 more pages of this. Then I roll my eyes at myself.

Who do I think I'm kidding? There is a very small chance that I can internalise two chapters of notes in half an hour!

I wish I were a genius or have photographic memory.

What really gets on my nerves is that the way in which the notes are written are extremely convoluted. The technical terms are not first explained before they are used. This results in my acute confusion. She expects us to just know, instinctively.

I feel that this is unfair because to her those terms are familiar as she has a PHD and such qualifications. I want to scream and say "Layman's terms please!"

Unfortunately, this is not all that hinder me. I do not know where my classmates are (namely the people I usually spend the break with). They have neither answered my text messages nor my calls (their phones are probably in silent mode). Needless to say I am here by myself, pondering about the test that lies ahead.

I wish someone would just explain things to me, in other words tutor me. I feel that with other people around, I am able to stay objective about whatever it is that I am studying.

Anyways, it's been great to be able to write in present tense! I haven't done that in a while.

Comments