"You'll be fine" - NO. I will be AWESOME!!

So much for my happy ending Sadly, happy endings are hard to come by.

The competition ended on a strange note. Aji finished off by saying to team Jalepeno that "you'll be fine" and that just crushed me.

I know that sounds absurd and ridiculous that I found those words utterly offensive but I did. By no means did I want to settle for fine. I wanted him to shake me and tell me that I could do so much better. I wanted him to raise his voice and tell me how disapointed he was in me.

I thought that he would be angry that we didn't do well, despite having the capabilities to do so much better. It seemed that by not being angry, he was awknowledging that we were not capable of doing any better so our stab at it was the best we could do.

I refuse to believe that. I refuse to accept that. I will not be fine. I will be AWESOME!

Comments