Daddy's Girl.

Finally, my parents are showing signs of letting up. You probably already know that my parents are the typical over protective pair that they are.

Last Sunday, I had a talk with my Dad.

Apparently he was concerned about the fact that debates seems to be taking up most of my time. Note that I came home fairly late the previous day because I hung out with the dear ole debaters after the tryouts. I explained to him that I was merely doing something so innocent as hanging out with my friends and I also highlighted the fact that sometimes, the man of the house, my mother, winks was overbearing and somewhat unhappy about my "escapades".

We talked about how I had to ask for permission at least two days prior to an event that I would like to attend. I explained how my mother was still disallowing me to participate in social gatherings at my ripe old age of 21.

The problem with that is that I am old enough to make my own decisions. I can't be dependent on their judgement forever.

Also, I did not feel good about the prior arangement as you could imagine. I like to get out with my friends from time to time and currently, that is kept to a bare minimum.

I always have to watch my actions. I always have to think about what the old maid is going to think before I ask for permission and that was driving me stark raving mad. I don't get any freedom. After all, I don't want to be cooped up in a little box all my life?

The issue was trust. It was as plain and simple as that. I illustrated my point of view to the tee. "I would not be able to be independent in life if you continue to treat me this way," I said in tagalog.

My pathetic, I-still-haven't-showered-just-woke-up look on my face, got my dear old dad to agree that it was okay if I went out from time to time, so long as I tell him what time I would be home and where I am.

Now, I get out more often which makes me a happier and potentially more independent person, and I don't get reprimanded for having a modicum of a social life.

I think daddy is trying to make up for lost time. I believe that my father is finally starting to exert his influence in helping me break free from my mother's ideals and I love him for it.

Sure I love my mother too DUH, but she does have a way of suffocating me.

Oh and I guess I'm saying all of this because MY DAD LET ME GO FOR SCARRO's chalet! I was so damn worried. He even proposed to go talk to my mother about it.

Hugs dad! :D

Comments