The path of most resistance?

If you went out today and saw a girl on a purple mountain bike, riding clumsily along the side of the road falling into gutters and such, that was probably me.

I woke up kinda early and decided that I would take my bike out for a much needed spin. So, I took the purple monstrosity of a bike down the lift and headed for the reservoir. I knew that to get to the reservoir itself, I had to turn left but there was another path headed right and... well, I had no idea where it led to and I had never gone that way before, so naturally I turned right towards uncertainty.

After a few minutes of blissful cycling on this strange path which I had all to myself, I came across a path that said that it was a connector path to Bedok Park or something like that and I was supposed to cross an overhead bridge and so on.

After lugging the purple monster over the bridge, I was supposed to go straight and follow the path. But NO! I didn't. - So typical of me. Anyways of to the right side of the foot of the bridge was a sidewalk, bordered by a green fence on one side and the road on the other. That path was so inviting because it was absolutely deserted and there were storks on the opposite side of the fence- I think they were storks anyways.

After about 20 minutes of cycling, I was pretty sure that I should start trying to find my way back to the reservoir. From my house, I had taken 2 rights and a left so naturally I had to turn left at least twice to make a circle- er square back.

I had reached North Bedok Industrial Park E before I could turn right. I thanked the heavens when I finally saw something familiar- the ITE and Changi General Hospital! Whoo!

I still needed to make a left turn... there was a road but no sidewalk and I didn't want to kill myself riding with cars so... plan B. I saw a bus stop, looked for a bus that went to Tampines Interchange and found out that the road I was on was headed to Tampines Ave 5. I pushed on exhausted, till I got to Safra and turned left. Whoo! Home free, but I still wanted to go to Bedok Reservoir... so I did.

I did a once around the reservoir and rode through TP to get a drink and finally back to my doorstep. That whole thing took me 3 and a half hours! It was great though because it quietened the voices in my head and left me energized. Oh and getting lost was interesting.

A friend is trying to take me clubbing on Wednesday but I must seek the King and Queen's permission and I have to say... I'm dreading having to ask. I just wish that my parents would just lay off with the over protectiveness. I need my space.

Comments