Curfew

Dear readers, I have a curfew which you probably know about but here are the unspoken terms of engagement.

I'm 21 and I have a ridiculous curfew- but only when I'm here in Singapore. You can safely assume that I'm pretty pissed about it. I'm basically supposed to be home before dark, which is around 7.30 or else my mum goes ballistic!

I can't believe that they only enforce the curfew here in Singapore which is... theoretically one of the safer countries in the world. I can stay out pretty late in the Philippines and its much more dangerous to be out at night there. I'm not saying that I should have a curfew in the Philippines as well, I'm just trying to say that they, as parents, they could at least be consistent.

Here's why I think I have a curfew.
1- My parent's don't trust me. I have no idea why they wouldn't trust me when all these years I've been trying to prove myself trustworthy.

2- They are insecure about how they raised me. Well... technically they didn't raise me. I became self aware in someone else's custody hence, they didn't have much influence on my during my formative years.

4- They don't want me to grow up. - How selfish would that be? Sometimes I think that they'd never let me fend for myself. Imagine, I had a fairly deprived childhood, teenhood and now... adulthood too?!

3- I keep saying this- I know! Two of my closest friends have had teenage pregnancies and my cousin, who's my age just gave birth to a baby boy. I think that my folks think that I will follow in their footsteps- which is ridiculous. As much as I love my close friends and cousin, I honestly think that they made fatal errors that I believe I am smart enough not to make.

4- They don't believe in sex during the daylight hours. - Okay, fine- that last one was a futile attempt at making a joke so just please...let it slide.

Sure there are exceptions to the curfew for which I am thankful for. I still think that my parents are somehow violating my human rights or something.

Comments