why try to solve the unsolvable

Shocking! A cat broke into our maisonette sometime past midnight! I wanted to keep him but instead, I settled on getting him to go to my folks' bedroom and watching my Mum chase the thing out the room, down the stairs and out of the house with a pillow. It was hilarious!

Anyways... on to my actual post.

There are no reasons... there are just rationalizations.

We all try to derive meaning from our lives. I wonder why that is? Why do we spend so much time rationalizing life's challenges and scrutinizing the significance of those events? Does it really make us better people?

Think about it, if we keep analyzing our lives, deriving conclusions from it and perhaps changing ourselves, does that really mean that we become better people? I mean who's to say that me now is better than me five years ago? The truth is that we don't really know if we live our lives better. We think that we live our lives better but to truly know that now is indeed better is to compare our previous selves with our current selves within the same scenario, and that is impossible because - as you all know, we can only live one version of our lives at a time.

I guess so long as we feel that we are better people, then that's all that matters, because ultimately our perception of ourselves affects how we react to the rest of the world.

I guess I'll continue to try and answer life's questions even though my attempts may end up in futility, only because doing so would help me feel better about myself.

Comments