The speech i needed to make.


I started this blog on the 11th of May 2007 and its been 3 years and 9 days since then. I began this blog just a few weeks into school and now I feel as if I have come full circle. This blog was with me throughout my three year journey that is my poly life and although my poly life officially ended as of 4pm of yesterday, I know that my journey has truly only begun.

I have gained many friends, met some very interesting people and learned a few things along the way. I can say that I have three and only three regrets on how I lived these three years. - and no I did not make up three on purpose. LOL!

I regret not joining the debates club in year 1, because there I found friends who could understand me and my seemingly unquenchable thirst for wanting to know why the world is the way it is. There, the hazy philosophies that garnered my life crystallized so that I am able to convey them to others in a way that they could understand and accept. Social intercourse became less arduous.

I regret not being able to know some of the people in my course better. Yesterday, I wanted to capture the whole of the cohort and take pictures with many of them. Close friends and acquaintances alike, because now, forming any sort of relationship with many of them is seemingly impossible. Yesterday was the last I would hear from some. There were feuds and misunderstandings which took place and I believe that these needn't have happened. There are people I would just like to have gotten to know and so on.

I regret not putting my education first. Now that I have graduated I realize its full impact. At the time, I saw it as trivial and compulsory. Knowledge is really the only thing that equips us for the future. We are the future. We are tomorrows' workforce. We will make the discoveries and breakthroughs for our children. It is kind of ironic because the knowledge we take away with us are the compounded information found by the people who walked this earth before us. This information from the past is what we will make the future out of. Who are we to know what the future holds and if this knowledge will suffice? We do not know - that is why we study as much as we can because we do not know what we will need.

Perhaps these three regrets can be summed up all in one sentence. I regret not having the courage and will power to push myself out of my comfort zone.

The academia we have absorbed may not even fill a book, but the lessons we have learnt will last the whole of our lifetimes and perhaps even be passed on to the next generation.

Dear classmates, friends and readers, I wish you all good luck in building the future, and this is not the last you will here from me because there is much more to Rowan-ism that I still have to figure out.

Comments