this could work

I have been bumped to the adj pool. I feel that it was an inevitable verdict, after seeing the tabs in the NTU website. Sad though. I felt rather cheated. I feel as if when other people voice out my ideas, it sounds a lot better and more complete. However, when it is my turn to explain that very same idea, that brainchild of mine, my composure fails me. Oh what use is a brain full of ideas when it is rather incapable of communicating those ideas to the outside world?

Sure, my friends can understand me, but then again, that's due to months or years of being with me and trying to make sense of the words coming out of my mouth. Alas, to an individual does not know of me, there is a communication breakdown. I really should learn to speak my mind, and justify those thoughts to everyone else. Maybe adjudicating will help me do that.

Startlingly enough, I was only apprehensive of the idea in the beginning. After rolling the idea around in my head, I felt rather accustomed to the idea. I look forward to it. This are uncharted territories for me, besides, I have an inkling feeling that its easier to break as an adj.

I was quite relieved actually. I was anticipating massive matter loading sessions if I were to debate in SMU hammers. I'm glad I don't have to read up as much, or work with people whom I do not know how to work with as a team. Phew.

For my non debating buddies:
- Breaking or getting into the break = getting into the semi final rounds of the tournament
- Adjing or adjudicating, Adj or adjudicator = judging a debate, judge of a debate.

Comments