On My Own

Remember I said that I was oddly addicted to show tunes? I thought I'd share this one with you guys.

I was brought to tears by this song. When I heard it, I remembered why Lea Salonga was my first idol. She's the first asian to play Eponine!

Ah musicals... many of you may not know it, but I love them. I am a sucker when it comes to musicals - you can't make me cry watching a movie on the silver screen, but when it comes to theatre... I bawl my eyes out.

Growing up (when we were still well off) I remember catching West Side Story and Miss Saigon in the theatre. Sadly, I could only watch The Phantom of the Opera, Cats and other musicals on video. Sigh... one day, I will watch Les Mis. One day, I would be able to watch all of the musicals I want. Sigh...

Anyways, the video is below. Sadly, the sound is a bit warbled because of the compression thingie that youtube does. Try downloading the track from aimini.net

Les Miserables - On My Own a composed by Claude-Michel Schönberg with lyrics by Herbert Kretzmer, performed by Lea Salonga.



Listen closely to the lyrics. Such a sad song... nonetheless, beautiful.

Comments