the quiet

Yesterday started off pretty good... midnight struck and I was having a deep meaningful conversation with one of my closest friends who also happens to be my cousin. I so miss that little bugger- he's kind of like a brother to me. I hope I get to go back to the Philippines on the June holidays so that me and my fave cousin can have some quality time together.

Today my aunts left so the house is pretty quiet, its kind of freaky- 8 people now down to 5. It was kinda sad because I was pretty close to my godmother/aunt and she's been bunking with me in my room. She is about the only adult relative that I have that gets me- so, I was pretty down when she left- but then again I think it was due time that she left.

Aunt Nina has been stressing about her family lately. Her youngest son was going to start high school so he needed to take an entrance exam. Her husband has a strange, potentially cancerous prostate tumour and her eldest son was transferring schools so of course this woman was worried about the logistics of it all, since she was away from her family. Also, their family isn't exactly on the rich side...so her kids and husband really need her.

The first week of school has been... well, not what I expected.

Comments