the plan

I want a degree and I want it before I turn 30 so I have nine more years to work on it.

Here's how I plan to do it:
  1. Graduate from my course- duh
  2. Get a job at a hospital- According to the tuition grant that I signed with the Singapore Government, I have to work in Singapore for a minimum of three years or I would have to pay my tuition fee in full. If I get a job here, by the time I finish my contract, I would be 25 giving me only 5 years to get my Degree. According to the contract, it is not compulsory to work in Singapore for 3 years if I become a Singaporean Citizen, and to become a citizen, I have to first secure a job.
  3. Apply for citizenship.
  4. Save up every cent I earn for the next 1.5 years and possibly get a second job.
  5. Apply for a course in the University of Florida- my only option at the moment, since I have relatives who might be willing to take me in.
  6. If I get accepted, I would then Apply for a student visa or a working permit.
  7. I could work full time and study part time under a work permit and study full time under a student visa.
  8. Graduate with honors and a degree!- In Psychology, Biomedical Science or well... I don't know.
Hopefully I'll only be 26 years young at the Degree stage but I thoroughly doubt it unless someone were to sponsor me and thus help me skip stage 4.

That is my plan or at least one of my plans. I do hope I can accomplish everything up there because...well I think my dad may be on his way to retirement fairly soon.- knocking on wood!!

I have yet to tell anyone of this little scheme of mine so I do not know how feasible it all is. My dad wants me to just get in the workforce- granted he's tired of supporting me.

Comments