Open my head

For the first time today, I've not restrained my thoughts from coming out of my mind entering the outside world. As a result I pissed people off.

I have a fairly heavy duty filter installed in my head that prevents most of what I think from leaking out into the outside world and I have to say that, although I'm a fairly outspoken person, I say only about 10% of what I'm really thinking. If I'm close to someone however, they are privy to about- 70% of my thoughts and I expect no less in return.Writing or typing on the other hand, allows me to say another 10% of what's really in my head. This is probably why people like to read other peoples' blogs- for an insight to what's really going on in their heads.

The thought of being out there is so terrifying to most of us though. All of our hidden intentions would be revealed, all of our secret thoughts and desires would be out for the whole world to hear.

I would probably be a lot closer to my parents though if that were to happen. My perception of the world and all of the people in it ie: the good the bad and the ugly, might jar people's perception of themselves- especially since I have a tendency to fixate on the negative and see peoples' insecurities. I would never be able to exploit the fore mentioned insecurities of course, since all of my thoughts would be transparent people would just see what was coming. That could be a good thing though- bad for me but good for the rest of the world.

Sure I don't normally exploit peoples' weaknesses but it could come in handy in the workforce- especially if a power play is involved. Mwahahaha.- the truth is that I'm really evil.

All I have to say is that if my mind is to be revealed, you could get a can of worms. Just imagine- if everyone had to immediately say what came to mind and nothing was secret. Much of society would fall into chaos- or not. Jacob's pack share all of their thoughts and they are pretty screwed up... but it sure comes in handy sometimes.

Anyways, I left the filter off for a few hours due to my exhaustion and like I said, pretty much turned everyone in my house off- and probably some people not in my house. This may sound incredibly sadistic of me but...it felt good to vent.

I guess you could say that I don't want all of my thoughts to be heard because I may be insecure about whether people would accept me for who I really am or I could simply feel that the thoughts not voiced out may be too insignificant to be said- again another form of insecurity. myself.

We all do things to make ourselves more comfortable in our day to day encounters with other people and I think that keeping ones thoughts to ones self is a very good coping mechanism that arose from the conditioning we were all exposed to in our formative years. Also it makes it easier for us to be in denial about the things we do not like about ourselves- you know... the out of sight out of mind thing.

Comments