Weekends

I've been stressing out this past week!

Why is it that whenever I go try to relax... I end up more tired than when I started? The irony in having fun, is that it drains the life out of me.

As of now I feel as if I'd fully recovered from Scarro's chalet. It was fun. Strange. Interesting and well... I actually missed a lot of it. I slipped away to catch some Zs. Maye would be proud of THAT overt expression of my hedonistic tendencies. What can I say... when you need sleep... you gotta have it.

It seemed appropriate because I'd been getting very little sleep these past few days and alcohol just amplified my sluggishness.

Note to self: Finish off the with tequila. Don't start the celebration/de-stressing session by drinking half a bottle no matter how upset you get.

Bah...I guess it would have been no different if I were to be awake when all of the action happened. I probably would have no recollection of it anyways - like Rabies. Hahaha!

I only got a comprehensive picture of the entirety of what had gone down from the snippets of conversations, and anecdotes that I'd heard in the morning after. Apparently, there were a few make out sessions, catalyzed by alcohol and a party game with poker cards. I would have loved to see what happened... but after the unraveling of events were revealed to me, I doubt that I would have wanted to actually participate. Then again...

I miss the Philippines. I miss the independence in living with people my age group... and I guess that was why I like chalets so much.

Anyways, on other things... I was so right. My suspicions about the state of my mom's health were confirmed. My mother saw the doctor twice this week... and I thought that was strange. I mean how often does one need to visit a doctor?

It turns out that mom has a cataract in both of her eyes. Its a complication from her diabetes. Its gotten to the point where she can only see the silhouette of a person with her right eye. Finally, my parents are doing something about that. She's going to get the cataract removed.

Sigh. I really hope that dad's company pays for the operation. She really needs it, but I think that we wouldn't be able to afford it.

Speaking of not being able to afford things... my phone is yet again out of commission. It can only accommodate incoming calls and messages. Daddy "forgot" to pay the bill.

Comments