pretend

What's the difference between pretending to cooperate and actually cooperating? The outcome is exactly the same, with regards to everyone else in the world who might be impacted by those actions. But there is a difference.

What is the difference between pretending and being?

Pretending makes things much more complex. Pretending to do something is forcing your physical self to do something which you probably don't believe in. It requires more planning and self control as compared to actually doing something because you want to.

Pretending is absolutely fine with me. I'd be none the wiser if someone was to blatantly lie to my face.

Because, it is practically impossible to tell if someone is pretending or not, unless of course that someone shows cracks in their facade. That would then lead me to question the credibility of that person's actions and the genuine-ity of his intentions.

Aren't I the hypocrite?

Then again if someone were to "pretend" for my benefit, I guess that I wouldn't awknowledge it as such a bad thing , because it was probably done to spare my feelings and that means that the perpetrator cares enough about me to actually try and spare me from a certain degree of hurt.
- And that was me, trying to justify my actions.

I know I've been quite a bit abstract these days and I guess I'd like to keep it that way for now. The reason for all of that secrecy, I'm not exactly proud of what I've been doing lately. Lets just say that I've been manipulative and just plain not-very-nice.

Comments