ignorance can indeed be blissful... when you see whats really going on

I know I haven't been blogging lately. To tell you the truth, for a while, I didn't want to blog anymore. What I normally blog about is shallow and meaningless and for that I am ashamed. Indeed, blogging is a release for me. Its a way for me to get rid off all of the pent up frustrations I have about my life.

I know I am complacent. My life is effing awesome. I know I don't love my life and that's stupid. I'm not making the most of what I have, and I truly believe that I have never made the most of the situation that I'm in. I feel unworthy to be so lucky.

There are some people out there who could only dream about living my life, yet here I am complaining about how unfulfilling it is. I do not want to waste my life away when I could be living my dreams.

There are many things that are wrong with the world around us and if we just opened our eyes to see what exactly is happening, maybe, someday, if the situation allows, we would be able to do something to right these wrongs.

I just watched this documentary, and indeed I have been meaning to read up on this topic since I heard about it. Watch here

Prostitution is proliferent in the Philippines, especially in Angeles, Clark, which used to be an American air base. Women there are impoverished to the point where they have to resort to selling their bodies to earn a living.

Granted, prostitution is frowned upon but really... who are the victims in this scenario? Who suffers? The women and their families.

These women are condemned. They are "dirty". They are criminalized. What makes it worse is that the men who patronize these women get away scott free.

Also, the government cut the funding for sex education and the usage of condoms is not promoted. This is because the Catholic Church is against these two things. It is against Sex education primarily because it could potentially promote premarital sex and this is obviously against its policy of abstinence, and also the Catholic Church is against contraceptives in general. So what happens? HIV and other STDs are spread.

Sad.

Comments