I was a writer in my past life

When I was younger I thought I was going to be a writer. I was so interested in the way people reacted to situations, and how the reaction to that same situation changed when other people were in the room.

I liked to step back from the socializing and watch how people interacted and try to deduce what the person was thinking. Of course I could never be sure what anybody is thinking. No one can, but I always wished that I knew the hidden agendas. I could only guess what people are thinking from the spindles of truth that dwindle down from subconscious thoughts into conscious action.

The 15th episode of the 5th season of House MD was epic. It talks about religion and truths and I just think that seeing House, an atheist, interact with a Priest, who has lost his faith, is just pretty darn cool!

"Coincidences are God's way of staying anonymous." I wonder if there is any truth in that... of course, even if there was an absolute truth, no one has a way of finding it out.

There's just one thing I noticed in that episode. The Priest "accused" House of being a hypocrite for judging him.- House often says that he doesn't care but yet his job is to save lives. The Priest in contrast, still does his Priestly duties even though he has lost his faith. The Priest then deduces that House was interested in his case because he saw a cynical Priest and that the reason House found the case so interesting is because he "wants to believe". House then responds "Yeah" then turns away and cracks a joke.

It just fascinates me how the writers keep the characters so multidimensional, how characters can be portrayed so vividly and how mere people can conjure a stunningly real person with thoughts, feelings out of thin air. I so think I took the wrong course.

Anyways, BPharm was easier than I expected, but harder in some ways. The questions were not as I expected so I probably fell into some traps that the examiner set. Anyways, that was a load off my shoulders.

The celebratory meal was held at Popeyes and the post prandium digestion was spent at Starbucks.

Comments