Spotting the Difference

Living in such comfortable and a more-than-adequately-furnished house has made me feel like somehow, I've become quite a bit more superficial that I used to be. I have taken many things for granted and well I realize that whenever I go back to the Philippines.

It's not that the facilities there are primitive because they are not, its just that things are less easily available or convenient. I am grateful for that though. If I had never gotten a glimpse of how other people lived, I would be less appreciative of things here.

As the saying goes, "you don't know what you've got till its gone".

I also miss some things from the Philippines, like the fiestas and parties. Filipinos
do tend to party hard. I also miss my family and the way that Filipinos behave towards people in general, you know, Filipino hospitality.

I can't exactly say that I've got the best of both worlds but it comes pretty close. Sigh, I'm home sick.

Comments