The Internship

The Internship is due to start on Monday the 7th of September. I got what I expected. There were a couple of wrinkles which needed sorting out and after a phone call from my course manager, I was assured that those wrinkles would be smoothed out.

I was worried about the internship because there was a possibility that I would not be able to attend debate training hence resulting in my letting my teammate and myself down. I didn't want that.

Anyways, I am still a bit iffy about my posting. I can't say that I'm perfectly comfortable with the arrangement. There's a lot of uncertainty in the air and I don't like feeling like I have completely no control over the situation. Its the luck of the draw I guess.

I have to say though that the green eyed monster reared it's ugly head when the internship postings were announced. I was, and probably still am fairly jealous of a certain someone who got what I thought was a decent posting. If I had her posting, I would have no trouble at all with attending my debate training and so on, and I felt that I would probably get more out of that attachment than she would.

Sigh, sometimes fate is out to get me. I am lucky, its just that, this time 'round, that luck isn't exactly the good kind.

Comments