you

I've been roaming around Changi Terminal 1 and 2 for a while now. My mom's flight got delayed. She was supposed to arrive at 12pm from Vietnam. I suppose that I'll be taking the bus to the budget terminal soon, but to pass the time, I wandered to the aviation display somewhere in level 3.



While I'm here, I couldn't help but think of you, with all of the equipment on display. Its really quite ironic. I barely know you, yet something so random, as a big silver fire suit can remind me of you.



I know. I know. I'm getting more than just a little bit pathetic, but well, frankly, I don't really care. The people who read my blog or at least the people who matter, they know me well enough to know that I can be pathetic. Pathetic isn't that bad. I mean... what would I be otherwise? Superhuman? Everyone is pathetic one way or another.

I am pathetic because I am absolutely fine with keeping my admiration for someone secret - like many of you out there. I can't act on my every emotional whim or fancy. No one can. Everyone knows that. There has to be some level of restraint, something left for the imagination perhaps. There has to be a certain code of social conduct that we have to adhere to, why? Shrugs. Maybe our Asian society can only tolerate so much odd behavior.

Sure, you may be standing across the room from me and I may want to go up to you and wrap you up in an embrace... but I can't. I can only smile when you glance at me.

Anyways, back to terminal 2, I was actually looking for the sunflower garden, but apparently its only accessible to passengers in transit. Boo. Why oh why is it then that they advertise so much when you can't really see it if you just go to the airport for a visit. Only so many people depart from terminal 2. What about the rest of us? We deserve a chance to see those gardens too.

I can just imagine it though... A field of brightly colored sunflowers dancing under the will of the wind, in a futile attempt to touch the eternally unattainable sky. Oh how I wish I could see it. How I wish that from time to time, its not just rays of sunshine that come down to kiss those yellow blossoms.

Adianoeta & double entendres... love em.

So... yes, I like you, but lets leave it at that. Me liking you. Its safer that way. I like keeping this secret, it lets my imagination run wild.

Now friends... your imaginations may be running wild right now as to who that person is... and to that, I smile. Keep imagining guys. Tough cookies.

Comments