The Weekend

Friday! Packing, packing, packing and then... debates, and then more packing. After which I just couldn't bring myself to sleep. I was panicked, so I read. I read till about 5 am. I doubt anything sunk in, but the action of researching reduced my stress levels, that is, till I found out that I only had an hour to catch some shut eye. I couldn't, so I arrived in school on Saturday, at 7.18 bleary eyed and with a crazy headache. "COFFEE!" I cried, before the first round of battle could commence.

The weekend was spent in NTU. That was thrilling, stressful and surprising all at the same time. I felt horrible though. I was on the verge of catching the common cold, and voila, before I know it, I'm in bed with a mild case of sniffles, which I think is close to doing me in. Pictures very soon.

I was moody on Sunday though, as a result, I was displacing some of that pent up frustration on my poor teammates. Its not my fault I was moody. If only things unfolded differently, I would have perhaps been... I don't know. All I know was, after the last round, I was sulking in one corner and thinking about things that I had no business thinking about. Ah the men in my life.

We were SUPPOSED to move on Saturday, then Sunday, and finally, yesterday. Monday was spent hauling things up and down the stairs of the sterile looking maisonette apartment.

My eyes watering from the stress, effort and dust mites. I was frustrated. I couldn't unpack most of my things because they used to be housed in a large cabinet/study-table and now... well, the only place for them to go is my tiled bedroom floor.

I couldn't get over how bare everything was, and I was puzzled by the furniture. I spent hours arranging and rearranging it within my slightly larger room, till it had some semblance of homelyness. See, all of the furniture in my room matched, except for this one wardrobe. It was covered in wood laminate of a different pattern from everything else. Major clash! Then out came the dresser within that set and in came my pink princes-ey dresser and side table. It's from a set in my old room. So here I was in my room with clashing furniture, bare mocha walls and enough dust to get me heaving. There was absolutely no storage space for my small Manga collection, books and my files from school.

Mum was on my case and I had just about reached my wits end. I sat on the floor for a cry. The truth was, we were in debt, and I needed furniture and my mum was so stressed out I was worried for her health. I daren't shed a tear in front of my mother so I squeezed my eyes shut, took a deep breath and decided to be grateful for what we DO have.

My rational mind kicked in. I started to unpack what I could, I settled on the placement of my furniture and ran over to get us some food. I placated my mother and helped her out. Today, the house looks like a house. Sure its laden with boxes full of our junk but we can get by. I'm not too happy 'bout my room though. It doesn't fit me yet.

Comments