the lifecycle of my interest

I found this out. Its a very strange phenomenon that I've observed... I don't know about you, but for me, this is how I learn.

A topic becomes interesting when you start understanding it.
As you learn more about it, the level of interest also increases,
When you've learnt a lot about it, it loses its novelty, it becomes less interesting.
And finally, when you believe that you know everything there is to know about that topic, it bores you.

Now, apply that to a person. How can an individual remain interested in another individual for a lifetime? Then again, people do change in time. They grow older and wiser, and perhaps that maintains the wonder and mystery of that individual.

Thank goodness I picked the constantly evolving field of science and technology. God forbid if I study something such as history, which is rarely rewritten. It might just kill me. Anyways, perhaps history does have its saving grace. It helps us predict what will happen in like future circumstances.

Comments