Pause Life!

The man who had acted as a foster father (grand-uncle) to me when my parents left me for work is now dead. As you can imagine, I am devastated. It came as a shock to me, even though he had been struggling with kidney failure for a number of years. Him and his wife practically raised me from an age of 4 through 9. I hope that if there is an afterlife, he is no longer suffering. I wish his family well.

We, the extended family members are waiting on what his immediate family is going to do. Will his wife move in with their daughter in the states? Where will his grand-kids go? I hope things work themselves out because the death of a loved one is a hard burden to bear.

I am crestfallen. It is agonizing to not be able to be there for your family when they need you the most. It sucks that the only thing I can do is sit back and live life as per normal, when the only thing I want to do is stop time to let them cope.
Daily life feels like it should be suspended when something like this happens. Its like when I was in primary school, when the world trade centre collaped, I felt like the world should freeze until...

I don't know.

If I'm being a bitch, sorry.

Comments