Superficial love?

Is romance really dead?

As much as I would like to deny it, I am a hopeless romantic, though not in the traditional sense. Sure, flowers are great, but gentlemen... I'd hate to break it to you but they are a sham. Their cultivation generates a great detriment to the environment due to the pesticides, fertilizers used and the amount of greenhouse gasses emmited, and to top it all off, they're pretty useless. Chocolate is much preferred. "Winks"

I am a big fan of random acts of kindness, and am usually the perpetrator of such acts. Perhaps though, not in a romantic sense.

Is the physical attraction really the initial spark that ignites a relationship? I mean, how can a person really be attracted to another individual whom he or she does not find even the least bit physically attractive? Beauty and the beast, could it really happen?

Sure, there are some couples who look completely incompatible, one looks extremely hot and the other looks like a plain Jane like me, but surely they find some physical attribute to love about the individual less blessed in the looks department.

I don't know. It just seems like a pretty face and a nice body are the minimum requirements to funding a mate. I know that beauty is indeed skin deep and there is more to a person than mere looks, but can it start from there? Is it okay to just love a person's insides, or is romantic love only generated when there is a tangible aspect to the attraction?

I mean, I can think of a few friends who have the most awesome personalities, but look like the average Joe, and so far, nothing more than a platonic, admiration has risen from that. I wonder it that is true for everyone, or if I have just not had the pleasure of experiencing love for an average Joe yet? Who am I to talk, my love life is practically non-existant, but then again, a twist of fate might just leave me falling for an extraordinary personality.

Ah love, one of the many elusive things in life. Who am I to talk, when I have only felt that way for one person. Then again, its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all right?

Keep your fingers crossed my loves!

Comments