New Glasses


I recall reading a series of books about a woman's experience dealing with children with mental disorders. Her name was Torey Haden. She highlights that the human perception is not all encompassing, that it is fragile and malleable.

"The saddest part about being human is the depth of our perception"

I see this as wonderful. Yes it means we can be naïve and blind to certain things, if we should so choose, but it also means that we have the amazing capacity to learn.

I like having this fluidity. I enjoy the experience of my whole value system coming into question. YES, it is shocking at times, even painful. It leads to an awakening unlike any other. You've been privy to my existential crises if you've been following me since the "freaktarded-ness" days.

The world may look different once you've taken off your rose colored glasses. It may seem harsher and more gritty. It may be uncomfortable at first however, you live in knowing that what you see is closer to the truth than it ever was and slowly but surely you'll come to appreciate that it is beautiful in its own special way.

Comments