How are you?

On moments I let my guard down, you cross my mind. I can't help but wonder how you are. Are you feeling alright? I'd drop you a text but...it feels too hollow.

I hope you are well. I want you to know that although we seldom talk, I care for you nonetheless.

Friend. Family. Lover.

As for me, I'm the same, pertinently overthinking the details of my life.

I'm afraid of what lies ahead. I'm frightened of trusting. I am terrified of revealing my emotions while at the same time burdened by concealing them. It weighs heavily on me to be constantly misunderstood.

I wish I didn't feel so deeply about everything and everyone.

I get taken for granted. I take my time to try and get to know people and go out of my way to find perfect gifts or do favors for them. I take notes on personal tastes and important dates.

Maybe people don't realize how important they are to me. Maybe they know exactly how important they are and take advantage of the fact that I will always be there for them. Hopefully it is the former because the latter would tear me to pieces.

I have become a pro at utilizing humor or nonchalance to disguise my malcontent. Still, it doesn't take away the sting of being forgotten, left out or underappreciated.

It keeps me up at night. Will I always care too deeply?

I don't want to be conditioned into caring less. Loving everyone shouldn't feel wrong. Sometimes, I just want to feel someone's looking out for me.

Comments