WORK!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce to you that I have indeed aquired a job thanks to my lovely friend Joanne!

Please note that I may be overly excited because of the fact that I survived my first interview to get my first ever job in the history of my existence.

Now I didn't exactly want to blog about this till it was 100% official and that only became so on Monday the 13th. After which I was rendered incapable of blogging for the rest of the week on account of exhaustion.

Anyways, details details! I am now working as a Pharmaceutical Technician within the walls of Kandang Kerbau Women's and Children's Hospital or more commonly known as KKH in the Out-Patient Pharmacy. The hours are demanding, especially since most of them are spent on your feet. Roughly, I get 1 and a half day off, I'm on a half day on Saturdays and completely off on Sundays. I work from 9 to 5.30 so if any of you want to make plans - go ahead yeah! 'Coz two weeks worth of pay will be coming soon! :)

Anyways, my first day was cushy. I didn't really do much work but I made friends with the Filipinos on site and I was surprised to learn that two of my schoolmates, Halima and Nazeerah would be my colleagues.

Day two was stressful beyond anything I'd ever experienced, that coupled with PMS and the pressure of a time crunch left me close to tears.

Day three, there was a laxative mishap which my checker thankfully caught. See there is this brand of laxative "Fleet" and they produced both the oral suspension and the enema versions of the laxative. I had misread the prescription and I happened to pack the oral suspension when the patient required the enema. LOL! Well, I learned my lesson. I won't be making that mistake again anytime soon.

Thursday and Friday was a blur.

I am rather sad though, because I was just starting to feel at home. This coming week, I shall be working on the Emergency Pharmacy. A new batch of people, and a whole new set of tasks to worry about... sigh. Its kinda exiting though.

I miss my social life. I miss waking up without the annoying buzz of my alarm clock.

Comments