Tis loss that teaches

You haven't been seeing much of me lately and for that, my dear readers, I apologize. Those of you who know me... know that over the past month, I've spread myself too thin and my obligations and responsibilities have been tugging at me every which way.

Over the last leg of my poly life, I've felt like giving up, I've felt a huge sense of loss, I've felt the pressure of having too much to do and too little time to do it and for that, I've been overwhelmed.

Perhaps one of the things in which I have a very strong opinion about is what has happened to a dear friend of mine, where a perfectly good friendship was compromised by miscomunication, gossip, heresay and just plain misunderstandings. What a waste. Friendships like those only come about a few times out of a persons lifespan.

It is really quite unfortunate because, although I don't particularly see the other party as a friendly one, I was willing to put aside my apprehensions for the sake of my friend. I simply thought that, there must have been a reason for this special relationship between them and that there must have been something in him that I was incapable of seeing, that she sees.

I know I shouldn't be meddling in issues in which I have completely no involvement in however, I do believe that it is my duty as a friend to provide a listening ear and sometimes do the telling off - right MJ?

Anyways change is the only constant, and today seemed to provide closure for many people. We must all pick ourselves up from where we are, learn from our past mistakes and move on. Keep moving forward as the Robinsons would say.

And friend, you know you deserve someone better, someone who has the depth and maturity to love you the way you know you deserve. This is your first and we all know there will be more to come...

And for you, young sir, you wait and see. You have no capacity to even comprehend what a great deal you had in your hands, you have no idea what you've lost, or in this case, pushed away. You may live to regret these decisions you have chosen to make, or you may not, it is unimportant. At least, if you live to serve no other purpose in life, you at least taught my friend how not to love, how to move on and how to be a stronger person.

I wish you both love on your own terms. You both may not have been right for each other, but I only hope that that friendship that once was, will somehow withstand. If I could leave you both with some food for thought, Ex-es can be amicable... All it takes is some talking.

Comments