Celebrate! :D

Yesterday... or, well, its still going on actually, a celebration of China's milestones was held to greet the Olympians.

It was amazing and the Chinese have a right to be happy. I believe that making Bejing the home of the 2008 Olympics accelerated China's growth even more. It really is amazing to see the giant beast of a country finally open its doors to the rest of the world.

Today, is Singapore's international day. Whoo! I really believe that there is much cause for celebration. We all need our little perks once in a while and a party does just that. Its a pity few people I know actually take the time to celebrate their Singaporean-ness. Sure, I'm not Singaporean but I think that a country should scream and shout their lungs out to remember its past and look to the future. Maybe if they did that more often, they would be so much more appreciative and less complacent.

My parents also celebrated this evening. The reason...they made new friends in church since they joined a Couples for Christ organisation. They keep trying to get me into the Youths for Christ but I'm not really into it. I guess it is kinda sad that they just don't seem to understand that I'm a free thinker and they keep trying to convert me. Anyways, I'm happy for them though. I really think that my Mum could use a social life.

Speaking of social lives, sigh...I miss THE life back home. I miss people I never thought I'd miss. Things here seem to be looking up though. Jo and I are getting kind of close and well... I guess school has indeed ceased to be torture.

I think that's because I don't really have to worry about socialization anymore. I'm more comfortable where I am. I am very distracted though... because a certain thought of a certain someone keeps flitting in and out of my mind in the oddest moments which results in me staring into space with a strange detached look in my face. I'm glad only one person has pointed that out to me.

Since I've already written a substantial amount, why not write some more... after all, I haven't blogged for a very long time. Here goes:

I have been beginning to notice a strange dynamic between some of my classmates. Its really weird... its like when the cliques were established, one of them had a fight within its members and hey presto! Friendships crash and burn, well... that's my hypothesis anyways.

Erm, what else... oh yes! 13 days till the exams. I have got a lot of cramming to do for PLM and PUO which I can't seem to master. I love OC though. Anyways, I'm actually waiting for one of my CSAS's groupmates work which is due any minuite now. I doubt it'll arrive by noon.

I think I better get on with editing another groupmate's work. Its long and needs much fine tuning. Burning the midnight oil here so yep... gotta go.

I wish I could PAR-TAY!

Comments