My little getaway.

My paradise.

I have come to the conclusion that I definitely have a pattern when it comes to the kind of guys I like. I'm still reeling from my whirlwind of a summer vacation. However unfortunately there was no great summer romance. There was however a tearful moment when my uncle and aunt renewed their vows.
Top:This is the picture taken on the couple's wedding 30 years ago. My dad's 3rd from the left on the top row.

Bott0m: Here's a recent picture of the happy couple.


Anyways so I'm not going into the details because well... It was in fact a family vacation and I'm not exactly keen on my family finding out who it was that I fancied.

Yes my friends - I said it, or rather wrote it. I had a crush. It still gives me chills when I think about it. - Ick.

It all started on the boat trip to paradise. I noticed him. He noticed me. We weren't formally introduced by our common aquaitances.

Here's a picture of paradise aka our backyard.

Later that day, we met again - at a street corner. My cousin, his friend attempted to introduce us but well... I still think that it was a major failure.

Cousin: Meet my cousin, the future wedding singer. You know her right?
Me: Hey!
HIM: Yeah... I know her from Facebook.

I looked at him with a raized eyebrow and thought to myself. What the hell is THAT supposed to mean. Oh well I thought. At least he knew OF me.

There were some fairly awkward attempts at making conversation, but we never really spoke. - That my friends, is why a crush is quixotic.

My most memorable moment came the next day. Let me set the scene for you. Imagine being at a church with a fairly small congregation. In that congregation were some of my closest friends and family and... GASP - HIM! I was supposed to sing the duet that the bride walks to. The family's song of choice, The Gift.

It wasn't an overwhelmingly difficult song to sing but I was freaking out because it was in fact a duet. A duet with someone whom I had never sung with or even met till the morning of the event. More specifically, 1 hour before the bride was supposed to walk down the isle. I was having the jitters. Anyways, it turns out that my duet partner was a genious of a man. As we were brainstorming other songs we could sing, any song I named or briefly sang the melody to he would instantly accompany with his piano. His voice was amazing and I felt rather amazed at how good of a singer and pianist he was. I felt like it was going to be a good duet - so long as I could figure out which parts to sing.

Anyways we practiced Endless Love as well as a Tagalog song called Panunumpa or loosely translated as Promise in English. It was brilliant. Till that moment I had never heard of the song Panunumpa but I had to learn it on the spot. With my partner's brilliant coaching, I did.

The nerves took over when the bridal party marched it, and along with them was HIM. You've probably figured out by now that the HIM I was "ahem" fanying was in fact NOT my duet partner - but rather someone else who was involved in the wedding.

All eyes were on the bride whislt I felt as if all ears were on me. I could feel my ears turning red as the high part of the song came in. FOCUS ROWAN! You absoloutely under any circumstance cannot make a fool of yourself in front of these people.

Anyways, it all went off without a hitch. After the renewal of vows, picture taking. One of my most favorite moments. :D

I dread mentioning this but it seems that the guys I seem to like is that they are all butt-pale artsy fartsy photographers with striking dark eyes who seem to like to take pictures of me unguarded. I hate that. Its like they don't give you time to prepare for the picture.

Oh well.

Comments