Retreat

I ran away to Penang on my birthday and it was just what I needed.
 
I met new people. Lots of backpackers who made me rethink how I should live my life. Many of them had quit their jobs to travel the world. Some worked side jobs as bartenders or at their hostels for free lodging. It opened my eyes to the possibilities. Life doesn't always have to me some member of an institution. I'm not saying that lifestyle is for me, especially not now, but I admire the bravery it took to drop the norm and just succumb to experiencing various cultures with a wealth of experience to gain.
 
You can have your cake and eat it too, otherwise what was the point?
 
Needless to say, if you follow me on social media, you would know that I had a blast.
 
It was refreashing and in stark contrast to my day to day life in the bowels of this institution. I met challenges in the form of a gruelling hike in Doc Martens and met relief when taken on a scenic boat ride to the pristine beaches of the National Park. It was like an allegory for life.
 
I highly recommend The Queen's Hostel and the Penang National Park if you're looking to visit Penang. Thats it for now.
 

Comments