Tired, Sick and Hungry

I've been sick for the past few days and to tell you the truth, for some part, I am enjoying it. Yes, the aches and pains and the heaving is barely bearable but there is a good side to it. I get a little time off work, which I needed so desperately to recover.This whole balancing school and work thing is more difficult than I thought.

I really feel it taking a toll on my health, mental as well as physical.I've been much more forgetful lately and on two occasions I had absentmindedly left my laptop - one of my most cherished belongings.The first time, I had left it in a toilet cubicle and the girl who had gone in after me tried to steal it. Here's what happened: As soon as I remembered that I had left the laptop in the cubicle - which was right about the time that I was washing my hands, I just hung around outside her cubicle waiting for her to come out. After what seemed like a ridiculous amount of waiting, she came out of the cubicle.

She passed me and went to wash her hands. I entered the cubicle to collect my prized possesion, but alas, to my absolute horror, it was gone. Kaput! My hands started to become clammy and I fought to keep my composure. I tapped her on the shoulder and asked her for my laptop. I knew she had it all along. No one else had entered that cubicle after me.

The girl spoke in chinese and only in chinese. With my pathetic chinese listening comprehension skills, I did catch some of what she said. Firstly, she denied seeing it. Then I asked her again. She asked me if it was mine... I mean... OBVIOUSLY!! She opened up her bag and viola. Lo and behold, my laptop, stripped of its cover - its cover folded beside it. She frantically explained that she was just going to take it down to the customer service counter. Right. I rolled my eyes.

She handed me the laptop. When I opened it up to see if it was fine, I saw her grimy finger prints all over the screen. Apparently the little bitch had tried to log into the guest account and she was obviously trying to make away with my laptop. The cheek.

The day before last, I also forgot my laptop at school. Luckily, this time round, my schoolmates were more merciful - They actually did the right thing and tried to look for the owner.

Comments