the Christmass-ey feeling of... gloom?

Tuesday was cuckoo! I'll post the pictures later.

The day started off busy and boring as usual. Lunch was pleasant - in the afternoon though, one of our supervisors sneakily bought cakes to celebrate the two birthdays! It was sooo sweet! You really have to see the pictures. - which I would have uploaded already if my blutooth thumb drive wasn't missing... anyways... yes, check back later to see pics!

Anyways, the night was anything but a waste. I made a sad little attempt to dress up and so did my comrades - I wore heels and... I guess that was something. The reunion was warm and we have successfully made plans for our next little outing.

Details -in case some of you forgot
Date: Saturday 19th December 2009
Meeting point: Orchard road - Ngee Ann City (Tampines Interchange for East dwellers)
Time: 10am!!
Bring: Everything picnic-ey eg, games, brolly, mat, Frisbee and about $15!
Location: Botanic Gardens
Activity: Picnic style brunch?

Sounds good ey? Hehehe. I hope it turns out fun - and I hope that someone brings a freaking tripod so that we can actually have some group photos.

The flyer trip was fun and oddly soothing. We took a bunch of crazy pictures and an agmoh couple who seemed initially amused by our antics, soon grew quite annoyed. For some reason, the sadistic imp in me felt the familiar twinge of pleasure from this.

I was a bit bummed because of my cash constraints - spending really is a pain.

I almost had a heart attack because I thought that I was going to miss my "curfew" which was set at around 10.15. I got home at around 11 and for some reason my mother - perhaps she was tired, accepted my excuse of "training".

I so wish I had an income.

You may notice the fact that I haven't been contemplative lately. Well... I've found that living in my own shallow little box is easier than reading into absolutely everything - oh and the fact that I have barely enough time to think straight because of my MP is serving as an unavoidable distraction.

There are also some minor distractions... hmm... in the romantic aspect of my life. That is an endeavour which I am not willing nor open to pursuing especially at this moment. - A very politically correct statement is it not? Kinda like saying something without revealing anything... hehehe.

On other things, my beloved mother's ascension to the mother-ship was today. I don't quite know how I feel about spending Christmas with Dad and just Dad. Its weird to say the least. I do wish that he went back as well so that I could have a more "party-like" Christmas like the ones we have in the Philippines - where friends and family are allowed to intermingle in their own special way, where my real friends would slip me some whiskey when the folks are not looking and where we can sing Karaoke all day and night... where sleep is not an option and the best present is being with good company.

Its strange, my friends and my family here in Singapore at least, are like oil and water. Mixing them would be unpleasant and potentially explosive - just like that grease-fire-plus-water myth featured in Mythbusters. Back in the mother-ship, friends are merely extended family and parents welcome them with open arms and plates full of food and bottles of beer - its like an alternate universe!

Hopefully Christmas won't leave me sadder than ever. There's always this grim feeling that sets itself like a blanket over my life, when the Christmas season approaches. Although it doesn't show or rather I don't let it - I've had my share of bitter Christmases and tear-filled wishful thinking. Some of you know that my parents haven't always been there and, perhaps their momentary absence has left me with issues pertaining to abandonment. I just hope I don't sink back into a relapse of what happened in secondary school.

I have to learn that my happiness should be independent of other people's absence, feelings and opinions. I should live for me. We all should - but we can't neglect others in the process either. The balance between selfishness and selflessness and joy and sorrow should not be dependent of each other. They are intertwined- I agree, but perhaps it shouldn't mean that its either one or the other. The balance - as I see it seems to lie in contentment, it is neither happy nor sad, neither giving nor receiving... its a compromise.

Oh well... I guess we just have to make the most of what we get - and thankfully we get a lot.

New year's eve presents a strange predicament. I have a feeling that there will be some sort of gathering which my ever so supportive father is going to - however I wonder if I would be allowed to make plans to celebrate it with some of my friends.

Comments